Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Year's Resolutions

As many people do, I've made a few New Year's resolutions. The first one is to lose weight. I've had this as a resolution several times---somethimes I succeed and sometimes I don't. I'm currently within 5 pounds of my heaviest weight. I don't want to post my weight for the world to see, but I will say that I want to lose about 50 to 60 pounds. My lowest adult weight was in the summer of 2001 when I was 26. It was 50 pounds ago. Why did I gain it back? Well, to be honest, some family issues came along and I stuffed my face instead of telling people what I thought. By the spring of 2008, I had gained the 40 pounds back. I lost about 10 of that through a "Biggest Loser" contest at work. Then I met Vince and gained it back plus 10 to 15more----I have seriously eaten out more in the past 3.5 years than I did in the 33 previous years!

Well, this year HAS to be different. By June 23rd, 2011 I want to be 30 pounds thinner! I have a wedding dress to fit into! If that's not a goal, I don't know what is. However, I don't want this to be a quick fix. It has to be a lifestyle change. Vince is also wanting to lose some weight. He had no idea how many calories he concumed in a day until I showed him the calories he ate today and at Subway yesterday. (Not EVERYTHING at Subway is low calorie/low fat---meatball sub = 630 calories and 27 gramsof fat!) He doesn't like to eat first thing in the morning and doesn't have time for lunch most days. Therefore, he's famished by dinnertime at my house and sometimes snacks when he goes home.

Hopefully, we can keep each other motivated to lose weight and as Vince says "get into a shape other than round!"

My other goal is to save money and spend it wisely. I've not been using coupons as -dilengently as I used to. This is due to a few things: not as good of deals to be had, I have a good stockpile of what I need, not worth the gas money to make 50 cents on stuff I don't use. I sure miss the free Bayar meters that gave me $10 Register Rewards to use at Walgreens to get free stuff I needed! I've sure the diabetes clinic I donated the meters to misses it to. Oh well, maybe some more deals will pop up this yeat.

I have been finding some good deals on wedding things, but I'll save that for another post. I'm going to post more this year than I did last year! I'll also try to include a few pictures each time. Here's two today!

Lucky giving love to Ginger on the day she died 11/09/11:


Here's a picture of the engagement ring 11/05/11:

2 comments:

Valentine's Flowers said...

Gorgeous ring you must be over the moon! Good luck with your weight lose and I hope you have the most amazing wedding day!

Unknown said...

I've got some of the same resolutions as you! Eating healthier and losing weight, and spending money more wisely! Ah, it's such a hard thing to do, but it's one of those things that HAS to get done!

I'm so, so sorry to hear about your loss of Ginger. I cannot even imagine how it must feel. I have yet to lose a dog that I was extremely close to, but I dread the day it happens.

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!! How exciting! I'm glad you liked my 365 reasons I love my husband post, and I think it's a great idea to add it to a calendar!

Sorry this comment is so long, I look forwards to reading more of your posts!