Thursday, April 3, 2008

Where to start?

Well, I've started this blog to help me with my goals. One goal is to save money.....or more specifically add to my EF (currently a little over $2,000), pay off the last of my student loans (a bit over $1,200), and to live within my means. I have a high FICO score, 782 the last time I checked, and luckily, I carry no CC debt. I would like to be able to add to a 401(k) again. I contributed to one between 2001 and 2005 when I taught special education in KY. However, I lost that job and haven't been able to afford to add anymore. It's currently around $6,000. The last time I received a statement, I think it said I had made a profit of 48%. I also have around $6,000 in stock with the company I work part-time at as a cashier.

My next goal is to lose weight. This has been a challenge all my life. I have recently lost about 10 pounds! However, I'm still 32 lbs above my lowest adult weight (during the summer of 2002). That's my problem........I lose weight, get stressed, eat like there's no tomorrow, and gain it back! I'm back on the right track now so I'm going to get back down there. I've got a whole slew of like new clothes that I want to wear again!! Once I get to, or closer to my goal weight, I will post before/after pictures. I have the before picture (in a bathing suit of all things), but not ready to share it with the world yet.

My third goal is to get organized. I've been working on this in the past couple weeks, just trying to do spring cleaning and get rid of things I don't use. It feels so good to see progress. I just hope I can keep it up.

No comments: