Thursday, May 22, 2008

Graduation Gifts......

On Saturday, I will be attending the graduation at a school district where I used to teach. When I began working there as a permanent substitute, these "kids" were fifth graders. I was lucky enough to watch them grow into middle schoolers and see them graduate from 8th grade. In a few short days they will be high school graduates! Wow, time flies so fast! Well, there were be about 100 graduating and I will probably remember (by face, maybe not name) 30 or 40 of them. Of course I can not give graduation presents to each of them..........or can I?



I've decided that the most important gift that I (or anyone) can give them is to introduce them to Jesus as their Saviour. I'm not the best witness, I will admit. I get flustered, talk too fast, and very shy. However, if I can be prepared ahead of time.....I can get the message across with a million dollar bill!

This tract has the Gospel message written around the border on the back of the bill.

The million dollar question: Will you go to Heaven? Here's a quick test. Have you ever told a lie, stolen anything, or used God's name in vain? Jesus said, "Whoever looks upon a woman to lust after her has committed adultery already with her in his heart." Have you looked with lust? Will you be guilty on Judgment Day? If you have done those things God sees you as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart. The Bible warns that if you are guilty you will end up in Hell. That's not God's will. He sent His Son to suffer and die on the cross for you. Jesus took your punishment upon Himself -"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." Then He rose from the dead and defeated death. Please, repent (turn from sin) today and trust in Jesus, and God will grant you everlasting life. Then read your Bible daily and obey it.

What better way to get the attention of an 18-19 year old than with money----or what looks like money! I'm also going to give a copy to each of this poem I just found on the Internet Tuesday.


The Lord Will Lead You

Now that you're celebrating
Your graduation day,
Your whole life is ahead of you,
And the Lord will lead the way.
Just trust in Him to guide you
In His divine and perfect will.
If you'll pray and read His Holy Word,
His plan you will fulfill.
Whatever happens in your life,
On the Lord you can depend.
There's nothing you can't handle
With Jesus as your best friend.
Congratulations, and may the Lord bless you always!

By Joanna Fuchs

4 comments:

Amiyrah said...

Someone from the pound sent me one of those before. Very nice idea.

Shelly said...

Amiyrah,

Thanks! I believe I sent you one the first time I sent coupons to you....I've been sending one to everyone I send woofies to.

Lisa B. said...

Shelly, I recvd my Million Dollars yesterday. You have the right idea... my 10yr old son seen it in the envelope with the woofies and at first thought it was real money! He wanted to see it and after looking at it, there was a flood of questions and a big discussion. Thank you for stimulating the conversation between my son and I, it made me feel really good.

Shelly said...

You are so welcome! I'm happy to hear that it got your son's interested. I gave away about 25 to 30 of them last night. I heard people talking about them as I walked around the high school. I hope it interests these young adults as much as it did your 10yr old!